Spartan Shields Mod 1.16.5, 1.15.2,1.14.4 is a mod that will allow you to significantly expand the options to protect your character from attacks by other entities by using new shield variants. In total, you can manufacture up to twenty new shield variants. Up to twenty new shield variants.
With this mod you can manufacture shields of predetermined materials such as wood, stone, iron, gold, diamond, obsidian and nephrite. Although we have any mods that add new materials, we can make shields of silver, tin, bronze, platinum, lead, copper, nickel, electrum and invar.
Unbelievable! This mod has reached 11 Million (!) downloads. Thanks to everyone who downloaded this mod!
Merry Christmas! Spartan Shields 2.1.0 is out now for Minecraft version 1.16.4!
- Netherite Shields!
- JEI Integration for Shield Bannering!
Spartan Shields 1.5.0 is out now for Minecraft version 1.12.2!
- A new Shield Bash mechanic!
- Tower Shields which can have banners applied to them!
- Thaumcraft Shields!
- The Ender IO Dark Steel Riot Shield is back too!
- Compatibility fixes. Angel of Vengeance and Shield Parry should work with Spartan Shields now!
Right from the outset, you can craft the Crude Wooden Shield as soon as you punch some trees!
Alternatively, you can make a Wooden Tower Shield which allows you to apply banners to them!
Wood won’t cut it for long, so you can upgrade it when you get new materials. Note: The Wood Shield you use must be undamaged for this to work!
The same can be done with the Wood Tower Shield as well!
The Shields you can make this way (with no other mods) are the following:
- Stone Braced Shield & Stone Tower Shield
- Iron Plated Shield & Iron Tower Shield
- Gold Gilded Shield & Gold Tower Shield
- Diamond Reinforced Shield & Diamond Tower Shield
- Bulky Obsidian Shield & Obsidian Tower Shield -> Increased Knockback Resistance + Slower movement speed
Common Modded Material Support:
Depending on other mods you have running and the materials which are contained within them, more recipes will become available for you to use.
The following require any mod with a valid OreDictionary [1.12.2 and below] or vanilla Tag [1.13.2 and above] entry for their respective ingots:
- Copper Braced Shield & Copper Tower Shield
- Tin Braced Shield & Tin Tower Shield
- Bronze Plated Shield & Bronze Tower Shield
- Steel Plated Shield & Steel Tower Shield
- Silver Gilded Shield & Silver Tower Shield -> Hurts undead mobs that come in contact when blocking
- Lead Plated Shield & Lead Tower Shield
- Nickel Braced Shield & Nickel Tower Shield
- Invar Plated Shield & Invar Tower Shield
- Constantan Plated Shield & Constantan Tower Shield
- Platinum Plated Shield & Platinum Tower Shield
- Electrum Plated Shield & Electrum Tower Shield
Mod-specific Material Support:
The following requires Botania:
- Manasteel Plated Shield
- Terrasteel Strengthened Shield
- Elementium Plated Shield
All of the above Shields can be regenerated using Botania Mana. They also have Lexica Botania entries!
[1.12.2 only. Awaiting mod update] The following requires Thermal Foundation:
- Signalum Strengthened Shield -> Inflicts Weakness when mobs hit the Shield while blocking
- Radiant Lumium Shield -> Inflicts Glowing when mobs hit the Shield while blocking
- Enderium Strengthened Shield -> Inflicts Slowness when mobs hit the Shield while blocking
[1.12.2 only. Awaiting mod update] The following requires Abyssalcraft:
- Darkstone Braced Shield
- Abyssalnite Plated Shield
- Coralium Plated Shield
- Dreadium Reinforced Shield
- Ethaxium Strengthened Shield
[1.12.2 only. Awaiting mod update] The following requires Better with Mods:
- Soulforged Steel Plated Shield
[1.12.2 only. Awaiting mod update] The following requires Thaumcraft:
- Thaumium Plated Shield
- Void Plated Shield
[1.12.2 only. Awaiting mod update] The following requires Ender IO:
- Dark Steel Riot Shield -> Powered by µI or RF/FE power
[1.12.2 only. Hope to bring back soon] The following requires RFTools:
- Infused Riot Shield -> Powered by RF/FE power
[1.12.2 only. Awaiting mod update] The following requires Redstone Arsenal:
- Flux-Infused Shield -> Powered by RF/FE power
Tower Shields function in the same way as regular Shields but you can also apply some banners to them!
Most shields can be enchanted using an Enchanting Table, unlike the vanilla Shield. The exceptions are the RF/FE Powered Shields.
The following enchantments can be applied to them:
- Unbreaking [Vanilla]
- Knockback [Vanilla] -> Used to enhance Shield Bash knockback power
- Spikes – Max Levels: 3 – Gives a chance to inflict damage to any mob which hits the Shield when blocking
New in 2.1.0 (for 1.14.4):
- Firebrand – Max Levels: 2 – Shield bashing causes the hit target to catch on fire. Higher levels causes the target to be on fire for longer
- Payback – Max Levels: 4 – Blocking absorbs about 50% of damage into the shield. This boosts damage of the Shield Bash. Higher levels increases the max damage that the Shield can absorb by 2 points per level
– This version is already compatible with Minecraft version 1.16.5, so I’ve changed the supported versions to reflect this. It should now show up in the CurseForge client now when making a 1.16.5 instance!
– Fixed the attribute values for Obsidian Shields. They were supposed to give a 30% decrease in speed, rather than a 70% increase. Oops.
Changes in release version “2.1.0”:
– Removed the Lexica Botania extension data from this mod, at least temporarily. This is due to the Patchouli mod (that the Lexica Botania uses to make the book work) being in more widespread use amongst other mods. If Botania isn’t installed but Patchouli is, then it causes serious issues including lag and crashing. If you want this back, I’ll consider making a data pack that will restore this. Just keep in mind that this requires both Spartan Shields and Botania to be installed to use it correctly.
– Reduced the console spam when attempting to stitching textures (which is used for adding the Tower Shield textures). It should only come up once when the Tower Shield textures has been added now.
Changes in version “2.1.0 beta-1”:
– Netherite Strengthened Shield
Can be upgraded from a Diamond Reinforced Shield in a Smithing Table by using a Netherite Ingot
– Netherite Tower Shield
Same as above but using a Diamond Tower Shield instead
– JEI Integration
Hang on a sec, what would we need JEI integration for? Simple. It adds a recipe category that shows how to apply banners to shields.
Which is the latest version of Minecraft Forge?
The latest version of Minecraft Forge is 1.16.5. The latest recommended version of Minecraft Forge is 1.15.2; Minecraft Forge (Modding API) is heavily installed at versions 1.15.2,1.12.2. Some mods require a specific version of Minecraft Forge. New version of Minecraft Forge 1.16.5 has less testing, and many mods do not support it.
How do you download Minecraft Forge?
First, head to Minecraft forge and download the program. You want to make sure that you download the version of Forge that corresponds to the version of Minecraft you have, Select the Minecraft Forge menu on the right side of this website.
Do you have to have Minecraft to use forge?
Yes, Make sure you have Minecraft installed.Minecraft Forge only works for Minecraft: Java Edition. Minecraft for PC, XBox One and PS4 cannot be modded.
Is modding Minecraft illegal?
No, modding Minecraft is not illegal.
How to install Spartan Shields Mod With Forge
- Make sure you have Minecraft Forge
- Download Spartan Shields Mod file from link(s) below/above
- On PC Windows, Go to the Start menu
Press Enter to Run %appdata%/.minecraft
- On macOS open finder, hold down ALT, and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Go to minecraft/mods folder
If Mods folder does not exist, create one
- Put Spartan Shields Mod file into the mods folder
- Launch Minecraft using Forge Profile, then Open Menu
- Now we can find tea trees in Minecraft!
Minecraft Forge(Modding API) Installation Guide
5 steps to successfully install Forge Minecraft
1. Access and Download select Minecraft forge version, then download the installer.
2. Requires installing Java on a computer. Open the .jar file you just downloaded, make sure ‘Install Client’ is selected, and click the OK button.
3. Run Minecraft and select the Forge profile, then click Play.
4. Select the Minecraft Forge menu on the left and the Mods button below Multiplayer.
5. Successfully, you can enjoy the mod just installed.
Download Spartan Shields Mod for Minecraft 1.16.5, 1.14.4 and 1.12.2
We do not host any Minecraft mods on our website! If you have any problem, please leave a comment below and we will help you