Download Minecraft 1.17 Snapshot 21w03a adds the Glowsquid voted for at Minecon live 2020 as well as other glowing things.
- Added glow lichen!
- Added glow squid!
- A dim light source that generates in caves.
- Use shears to pick it up.
- Use bonemeal to spread it along block surfaces.
- Glow squids have been added, but do not yet spawn naturally. You can find spawn eggs for them in the creative inventory.
- Glow Squids are well-lit and can be seen from even far distances!
- When killed, glow squids drop glow ink sacs.
- Glow ink sacs can be used on signs to make the text super visible, even at night! Works with colors!
- Craft a glow item frame by combining a glow ink sac with an item frame in a crafting table. Any item in a glow item frame is perfectly illuminated, even at night!
- Use an Ink Sac on a sign to remove the glow effect.
- Axolotls will attack any glow squids they see, so…be careful.
How to install:
- To install the snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the “Launch Options” tab.
- Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Minecraft 1.17 Snapshot 21w03a Download Links:
Server: Download from Server 1