What is Mine & Blade (Battlegear 2 Mod)?
Mine and Blade allow us to use both hands, either using two weapons, one in each hand or a weapon in one hand and a shield in the other. This allows us greater versatility as well as a much more comfortable defense.
When you access the character inventory, you’ll see new gearboxes that allow you to go more and better equipped. The system is organized using the mod of a main and secondary weapon. Also, as we see in the image below, the battle information is displayed differently.
Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2 focuses on:
- Providing players with interesting and balanced combat features, including:
- New weapons
- Dual wielding of weapons
- A shielding mechanic
Beyond the mod’s operation, it also adds the possibility to create shields using various materials and new weapons such as spears, daggers, a war ax, and a mace, and new armor.
Weapon System / Dual Wielding
- Mine and Blade 2 introduces a new weapon system to Minecraft. This system will allow the player to have up to 3 weapons sets available to them that can be switched to using the ‘R’ key. The system allows the player to specify a mainhand and an offhand weapon (so allows select dual wielding).
- By default any weapon can be placed into the weapon system and any weapon without a special right click function can be dual wielded. The mod will also scan though items for weapons added by mods.
- Items are placed in the weapon system in a new GUI accessible from the main inventory with the top left “BG” button.
- When dual wielding, the left mouse button will attack with the mainhand (right) weapon and the right mouse button will attack with the offhand weapon (left) or block with the shield.
Items are placed in the weapon system in a new GUI accessible from the main inventory with the top left “BG” button
When dual wielding, the left mouse button will attack with the mainhand (right) weapon and the right mouse button will attack with the offhand weapon (left) or block with the shield
- Mine and Blade 2 introduces a shielding mechanic different to the normal sword block. Blocking with a shield will reduce all blockable damage taken from the front 120 degree arc. However a player cannot block indefinably as there is a stamina bar that appears above the normal minecraft health/armour icons.
- When struck by an arrow, the arrow will appear in the shield. Arrows can be retrieved by placing the shield by itself in the crafting matrix (the arrows will be added to your inventory when you retrieve the shield)
- A shield bash can be preformed by pressing the special action key (‘Z’ by default). This will cause any mob in front of you to be knocked back. Using a shield bash will cause you to loose a third of your stamina bar and render you unable to attack for 1/2 a second. Some enchantments can help improve those characteristics.
- Shields can also be dyed similar to leather armour. Dye is removed by placing a water bucket in the crafting grid with the shield. (This may be removed when heraldry is finished)
Weapons & Armour
- Waraxe: Although the waraxe does less damage to unarmoured foes than the sword, it is more able to penatrate armoured foes.
- Mace: The mace’s blunt surface is perfect for dazing enemies
- Spear: The spear is the weapon for those who would rather poke their enemy from a distance
- Dagger: The dagger is a quick weapon with lower damage than the sword
- Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2 introduces a new way of obtaining chainmail armour. 3 chain links can be obtained by placing 2 iron ingots in a vertical arrangement in a crafting grid. Chain links can then be used to make chainmail armour
Quiver and Arrows
- The quiver is a small item that has the ability to stack four times more arrows than a common arrow stack. It can be crafted with leather and arrows. You can empty it by right click.
- Quivers can also be dyed similar to leather armour. Dye is removed by placing a water bucket in the crafting grid with the quiver.
- Once you have a charged quiver in your inventory, a bow will deplete this item rather than using free arrows. A bow can be “dualwield” with the quiver in offhand. With a bow equipped, a custom bar will appear showing slots from the quiver. You can switch between slots (and thus, between arrows) with the special action key (‘Z’ by default). The quiver will also appear in the player’s back.
- There is an API that allows modders to make their own container for their own custom arrows, with hooks to customize enchantments, bow damage, etc.
- Mine & Blade Battlegear 2 adds seven types of arrow which can be fired only from the quiver. The bow is also rendered differently to show those different arrows when used.
- The fire arrows…set things on fire.
- The explosive arrows…explode things.
- The ender arrows…teleport things around.
- The poison arrow…gives a wither effect on hit.
- The piercing arrow pierces through armors and glass blocks.
- The mystery arrow…has weird effects.
- The leech arrow takes your enemy lifeforce to heal you.
- It is said that skeletons may have acquired the knowledge to use those arrows. Fortunately, they aren’t clever enough to hide them in their quiver nor switch between them.
- Mine & Blade Battlegear 2 contains a sophisticated new mod update detector known as M.U.D. The mod will check to see if you are running the most current version (for the version of minecraft you are using) and notify you if you are using an old version.
- Pressing the Mod Update Detector button on the pause screen or in forges “Mods” screen or typing the command ‘/mud’ will take you to the download screen. This will allow you to view the changelog and download then newest version of the mod (a restart will be required).
- This part is strictly client-side, meaning you can deactivate it on your client without worrying about server conflict. It also means that, because it is disabled on server, a server owner has to update manually. It is designed this way to prevent any server overload.
How to install Mine and Blade 2 Mod
- Download Minecraft Forge 1.16.4,1.12.2,1.8.9 or 1.7.10
- Download Mine and Blade 2 Mod 1.16.4,1.12.2,1.8.9 or 1.7.10
- Double-click the downloaded Forge file to run the installer.
- Paste the downloaded mod file inside .minecraft/mods
- Upgrade your kit and battle system in Minecraft!
Language Pack Support – Optional
- Download the Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2 language pack
- Unzip the archive in your lang folder.
Download Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2 Mod for Minecraft 1.16.4,1.14.4,1.12.2,1.8.9 and 1.7.10
Author: nerd-boy, GotoLink