Scannable 1.16.5,1.16.4,1.15.2 and 1.12.2 is a mod that allows you to manufacture a scanner that players can use to scan the world’s surface for various types of things. This scanner consumes power for each use, so you have to be aware of recharging the battery when necessary. A scanner with which to scan the nearby terrain for interesting elements.
Players will set everything they want to be, or not, detected by the scanner by installing modules. For example, you can install modules to see animals, hostile entities, water, lava, structures, or mineral resources.
How to install Scannable Mod With Forge
- Make sure you have Minecraft Forge
- Download Scannable Mod file from link(s) below/above
- On PC Windows, Go to the Start menu
Press Enter to Run %appdata%/.minecraft
- On macOS open finder, hold down ALT, and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Go to minecraft/mods folder
If Mods folder does not exist, create one
- Put Scannable Mod file into the mods folder
- Launch Minecraft using Forge Profile, then Open Menu
- Now we can find tea trees in Minecraft!
- Default modules include:
- Animal detection (e.g. cows, pigs)
- Monster detection (e.g. zombies, creepers)
- Entity detection (configurable to a specific entity)
- Common ore detection (e.g. coal, iron)
- Rare ore detection (e.g. gold, diamond)
- Fluid detection (e.g. water, lava)
- Block detection (configurable to a specific block)
- Structure detection (e.g. villages)
- Range booster
Unless disabled in the config, the scanner will act as a chargeable item, using the Forge energy API. The energy consumed for each scan depends on the modules installed in the scanner. The scanner can be recharged in any charger mod block that is compatible with the Forge energy API.
A few words on performance: it is great. The server does none of the actual scanning computation, so using the scanner cannot lag servers (clients will always respect server settings though). Furthermore, scanning is actually distributed across several ticks (hence the charging time when using the scanner), so even on the client using the scanner there should be no noticeable impact. As for rendering, the scan wave effect is rendered using a shader and a single quad. In human that means it’s super fast and should have no noticeable impact on FPS. I even tested it on my craptop and saw no dip in FPS. Even works with OptiFine (unless Fast Rendering is enabled, can’t figure out why that is).
Other mods can provide additional modules to generate different kind of scan results. If you have an idea for a module, either open an issue on this project’s issue tracker or if it involves another mod, try to talk the mod’s author into adding support for Scannable. They’ll love that. Honest.
- Fixed potential server crash.
Which is the latest version of Minecraft Forge?
The latest version of Minecraft Forge is 1.16.5. The latest recommended version of Minecraft Forge is 1.15.2; Minecraft Forge (Modding API) is heavily installed at versions 1.15.2,1.12.2. Some mods require a specific version of Minecraft Forge. New version of Minecraft Forge 1.16.5 has less testing, and many mods do not support it.
How do you download Minecraft Forge?
First, head to Minecraft forge and download the program. You want to make sure that you download the version of Forge that corresponds to the version of Minecraft you have, Select the Minecraft Forge menu on the right side of this website.
Do you have to have Minecraft to use forge?
Yes, Make sure you have Minecraft installed.Minecraft Forge only works for Minecraft: Java Edition. Minecraft for PC, XBox One and PS4 cannot be modded.
Is modding Minecraft illegal?
No, modding Minecraft is not illegal.
Minecraft Forge(Modding API) Installation Guide
5 steps to successfully install Forge Minecraft
1. Access and Download select Minecraft forge version, then download the installer.
2. Requires installing Java on a computer. Open the .jar file you just downloaded, make sure ‘Install Client’ is selected, and click the OK button.
3. Run Minecraft and select the Forge profile, then click Play.
4. Select the Minecraft Forge menu on the left and the Mods button below Multiplayer.
5. Successfully, you can enjoy the mod just installed.
Download Scannable Mod for Minecraft 1.16.5,1.16.4,1.15.2 and 1.12.2