Lava Monsters 1.16.4/1.16.2/1.15.2 is a mod that adds a new hostile creature to Minecraft, a lava monster. It is a creature that is generated in lava lakes, which we remember can be developed anywhere in the world. Therefore, you can find it both on the surface of the world and the underground.
This hostile creature, whose entire body is made up of lava, will spit fireballs at players. It can also generate lava around it, so you have to be careful where you step and dodge the lava balls you throw against your opponents.
The lava monster’s spawn conditions are rather picky: it must spawn in lava that is at least two blocks deep and of those two blocks, at least one must be a lava source block. (By default.)
Through the properties file (created the first time you run Minecraft with this mod installed), you can make the lava monsters more or less picky, indirectly changing how common they are.
- Nether spawning: when you’re constantly overrun by lava monsters in the Nether or prefer to use other mods to enhance your Nether, you can turn their ability to spawn there off.
- Depth hazard mode: turns lava monsters into a depth hazard, never appearing above layer 16. Remember, the lava layer is 10, so you’ll get a depth hazard either way. This is mostly to prevent lava monsters from annoying the crap out of you if you use a lot of lava in construction.
- Flowing lava mode: removes the source block requirement. Lava monsters will still need lava two blocks deep (unless shallow lava mode is on), but that’s anywhere lava flows down, even a single block! Your lava flows will leap with life… or death. However you want to look at it.
- Shallow lava mode: allows lava monsters to spawn in lava only one block deep, but still requires it to be a source block, unless flowing lava mode is also enabled. Enable this if you want lava monsters spawning in man-made lava pools and moats (which are usually one block deep) or just to make them a bit more common.
- Spawn frequency: how often the mod tries to spawn lava monsters – can improve performance and/or increase the rarity of lava monsters.
How to install Lava Monsters Mod With Forge
- Make sure you have Minecraft Forge
If not, Download and Install the latest version of Minecraft Forge
- Download Lava Monsters Mod file from link(s) below/above
- On PC Windows, Go to the Start menu
Press Enter to Run %appdata%/.minecraft
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Go to minecraft/modsfolder
If Mods folder does not exist, create one
- Put the Mod file into the mods folder
- Launch Minecraft using Forge Profile, then Open Menu
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions):
Can I use this in my modpack?
Yes, you definitely can. Just make to provide credit to all the authors respectively and link back to the CurseForge page.
Can I redistribute this mod onto other platforms?
Yes, but before doing so make sure that all downloads are directly linked to CurseForge and provide credit to all the authors respectively