Shaders Mod is a series of shader packs that you can install in the game to improve your world’s visual aspect significantly. These shader packs add a much more realistic lighting system and shading to objects and dynamic lighting.
These changes will give us a more realistic visual aspect, but we’ll also need more resources to generate these new effects. That is why it is necessary to use Optifine; besides that, it is the tool that will allow you to install the shaders to the game.
Some of these shaders can be heavy, while others are lighter. If you install one on a not very powerful computer and it produces a lot of lag, you can try the rest of the packs to see how they work for you until you find one you like and it works well for you. Below you will find the packages available for this version of the game:
- Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders
- KUDA Shaders.
- GLSL Shaders Mod.
- Sildur’s Shaders.
- Chocapic13’s Shaders.
- MrMeepz’ Shaders.
Now that you have all this information about Shaders Mod, you can decide whether you want to get it or not. If you are willing to try it, you should read the following instructions that will help you install it.
- Download Optifine
- Download the shader packages we want.
- After you have downloaded the .zip, copy it into the .minecraft/shaderpacks folder.
- Start the game and go to the section of Options/Shaders in order to select a shader.
- Press “Esc” and click “Options”, then “Graphics” and then “Shaders”.
- Select any of the shader packages you’ve installed.
- All you have to do is enjoy the effects of these shader packs!